Are you a filmmaker and want your movie shown on another platform besides YouTube?
If so, the short film showcase film-maker returns in April 2019 on PBS channels’ WPBT and WXEL and is currently seeking short films from South Florida filmmakers.
There are some restrictions for what constitutes an eligible short film:
- Film must be less than 2 years old
- Has not yet been broadcast
- Contains no profanity
- Is less than 30 minutes in length
- Was made in South Florida by a local production team
If you have a film that checks all those boxes hurry and apply at filmfreeway.com/film-maker. The deadline is fast approaching on Thursday, January 31. Filmmakers chosen will earn:
● Dedicated broadcast of films to over 6.3 million TV households
● Distribution through South Florida PBS’ existing platforms and optional distribution on mobile, Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV, associated with the South Florida PBS brand
● Compensation in the form of an acquisition fee
● Participation in a companion digital series featuring interviews as well as individual profiles and access to portfolios